Meadowbrook began in 1954 when Waco Baptist Association, now Waco Regional Baptist Network, purchased land on the corner of Darden Drive and Old Robinson Road for a future church site. Then in 1958, the Meadowbrook Baptist Mission held a two-week tent revival in conjunction with First Baptist Church of Robinson. Following the revival 17 members for the newly-formed church were received.
Once the church was formed, the meetings began to take place in a wide variety of places. Meadowbrook met in tents, storage buildings, schools and homes. Finally, in 1959 the first building was in place where Meadowbrook Baptist Church stands today. On September 27, 1959, the mission was constituted and became Meadowbrook Baptist Church which included 63 members.
God has blessed Meadowbrook with growth in people and buildings. God is given all the glory and we are thankful for the faithful leadership of Meadowbrook’s people, staff and pastors who have led through the years.
Meadowbrook has the reputation of being a very healthy, missional and family-oriented church. The desire of Meadowbrook is to truly be a biblically-grounded, ministry-centered, community-reaching church. We will continue to create new ministries to reach our communities for Christ.