The MBC Missions Team will serve with River City Church, a 2019 church-plant in Vancouver, Washington. We will be meeting tangible needs among the marginalized in a community that is approximately 4% Christian. Find out more information about River City Church here: www.rivercityvancouver.com
Some ways we might serve include:
· Assisting the houseless families that use RCC’s church building for shelter.
· Assisting with the weekly food giveaway that serves over 750 Hispanic, Chuukese, and Ukrainian families.
· Assisting other nonprofits in the area.
· Assisting partner churches in the area with their outreach efforts
Cost: $650 per person
· January 28th - $150 Deposit (Applications DUE!)
· April 7th - $250 2nd Payment
· June 23rd - $250 Final Payment
(Please put payment of cash or check, if writing check put in memo: Summer Mission Trip, in a provided deposit envelope and in a black box in Gathering Place or outside Family Pastor’s office.) No online payment options offered.
Mission Trip Registration and Application:
Each person attending the Summer 2024 Mission Trip must complete an application by selecting the buttom above.
Applications are DUE on January 28th. Every adult must have a background check conducted by MBC – if you do not have one on file Rene’ Stone will be emailing you.
Vancouver, WA, Mission Trip Meetings:
Interest Meeting - Sunday, November 26th @ Noon in the Connection Room – If you are interested in attending the Mission Trip, we will have a 30-minute meeting following the 11:00 worship service where you can ask any questions.
Training Meetings – April 7th and June 23rd @ Noon in the Connection Room – At this time we will review our tasks, travel plans, packing lists and any other details needed. Lunch will be provided.
Possible Ways to Serve:
· River City Church is in an older building and some repair/construction projects will be happening.
· Interacting with houseless children/families who use RCC for daily shelter.
· Helping with the All-Community Baby Shower hosted by RCC on Sunday, July 14th
· Serving with other nonprofits in the area with projects.
Saturday (7/13): -Depart at 7am for DFW (flight departs at 10:15am and arrives in Portland at 12:23pm). --We will take public transportation from Portland to Vancouver, we are staying at Comfort Suites (2 people to a room).
-Orientation with Ryan Sidhom, Pastor of RCC
Sunday (7/14): All-Community Baby Shower
Mon-Fri (7-15-19) Various activities as determined by Ryan
Satruday (7/20) Take public transportation back to Portland for flight at 12:04pm arriving to DFW @ 5:50pm)